Saturday, October 1, 2011

Inspired!

I'm feeling so inspired, today! I still have lots of work to do sifting through the summer's activities and posting here, sending stuff I promised to people, etc etc. but...

Somebody I only faintly know announced yesterday that she'd pulled her son from school and will be unschooling. This sent me on a brain-journey, back through the choices we've made, I re-watched Ken Robinson's second talk, talked to my husband about it, and started to feel the joy of our existence a little more, again. We are SO blessed. We live in a community of many varied people, most of whom are kind, compassionate, and forward-thinking. We have the ability to stretch out into the forests, oceans, and cities, and to allow our children the freedom of their imaginations. It's just so lovely to sit in this dream and revel it, once in a while!!

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, enwrought with gold and silver light, of blue and the dim and the dark cloths, of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet. But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
~WB Yeats

"And every day, everywhere, our children spread their dreams under our feet. And we should tread softly."
~Sir Ken Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after it is approved. This can take a while!